WATER: (sound + touch + sight +) taste; as in eating food, we need saliva to dissolve and perceive the food itself.
- Gunas: Heavy (because always responds to gravity by going from higher to lower places so also has a spreading quality), cohesive (has a capillary action to it), percolates, is cool, dull and slow, oily, dense, soft, smooth or rough and fluid.
- Its expression of consciousness is “condensation.”
- Is chemical energy because water is the universal solvent; just as all enzymes operate in a watery medium.
- Found in urine, plasma, lymph and blood, CSF, all mucous membranes and in the cytoplasm of every cell.
- Is associated with pitta and kapha.